Friday, February 1, 2008

Owls and Owlies

As many of you may know, I *love* owls. My fondness for them began while studying Mythology back in school and I've been collecting them ever since. I thought I would share some owl love today.

A few months ago, a friend was visiting from out of state and we visited a small little gem shop here in Denver. While browsing the shop, I came across an entire cabinet full of owls! This beautiful owl egg cup was the first to catch my eye. It's a cheery turquoise and double sided. Quite the find, I feel. I'd really be interested to find out when and where it was made.

This little owl came to me all the way from Turkey. He was given to me by a friend who found him while on vacation. What a perfect surprise and addition to my collection. Lots of owl friends!

I've been sewing new Owlie bags, amo
ng other owlie goodness. Just found some new Owl fabric yesterday that I'll be working with soon. So, I'd like you to meet Baxter, Sabrina, and Ebie. My newest Owlie bags.


I have a couple of Owlie Pillows in my etsy shop, along with a cute little Mini Owlie Chubbie named Fiona.

In other news, I'm working on rearranging my sewing studio and am hoping to find a great set of shelves soon. Everyone wish me some shelf luck, if you wouldn't mind. Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Neko Noir said...

Are you going to take Fancy Tiger's felting class? The project is a tiny owl!!

'Cuz I Felt Like It! said...

These little owlies are so freakin' cute!

BeckyKay said...

those owlie bags are adorable!! Wow!